Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Rainbow Baby





 MOST of us know the biblical story behind a rainbow and what it represents, the promise God made to us centuries ago.  I've always appreciated a rainbow the very few times I have seen them anyway, the beautiful colors Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple, The representation.  I grew up in Brooklyn,NY we don't see much rainbows at least i haven't.  Until the passing of my 2 month old last year.  Hannah had Trisomy 18 a chromosome disorder that in the end took her life.    I would stroll through my Trisomy 18 groups and read mom's writing about having there rainbow baby at first I  didn't understand what they meant by "rainbow baby" until one of the moms explained what a rainbow baby was.  A rainbow baby is getting pregnant after losing a baby/child.  When Hannah passed away the thought of another child frightened  me, the thought of possibly going through another pregnancy and finding out that something could be wrong or something as simple as a miscarriage would throw me over the top so Kevin(my husband) and I decided we wouldn't talk about having another child for a least a good 5 years,  maybe 7 months later I started thinking about our rainbow baby and did I really wanted to wait 5 years? We have 2  girls but we both wanted a boy so after talking we decided to start trying in september of 2013.  I discontinued my BC to let my body regulate itself, Well my body didn't take long to regulate because I am 11 weeks pregnant with my rainbow baby YAY!!




At first it was disbelief if it wasn't for the horrible morning, afternoon and night sickness I probably would not have believed I was pregnant plus it was a little overwhelming it took me a little while before  wanting to telling family and friends. After taken a pregnancy test the positive presented itself.  I scheduled an appointment with my gyn, when we went to the doctor did an ultrasound and there was my little rainbow baby and of course I looked for the heartbeat we couldn't hear it because it was too early but seeing it was enough for me the doctor said I was seven weeks along *all smiles*.  My doctor told me I had to come back in when I was 10 weeks to get all genetic testing done that was the earliest it could be done.  The longest three weeks of my life i was so worried every cramp or discomfort scared me, one day i just prayed and decided to give it to my heavenly father all my worries and fears i gave it to him that helped me a lot i still worried but not nearly as much. three weeks had finally came around we went in got the blood work done after the technician was done drawing my blood she asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby when the report comes in  I was like heck yeah I didn't say that i played it cool looked at kevin with the what you think do you want to know look he said definitely and I shook my head in agreement and off went my blood work.   And so we wait...




I look forward to sharing this journey with family and friends.  Most of you reading this read my last blog about my journey with Hannah www.footprintsofhannah.blogspot.com and she was a blessing to so many people so I pray after going through that journey that this new journey will give parents who are going though something similar or just lost a child this can be there shining light in a dark time.

No comments:

Post a Comment