Thursday, January 30, 2014

1 month check-up/update.



 It's been a month (6 weeks to be exact) since KJ has been born, wow! The time is flying and he is getting so big.  Yesterday was KJ's 1 month check up I love going to his doctors office his doctor is friendly and very patient no rushing she takes her time answer all questions she's just great.  KJ is doing great he weighs 12lbs 8ozs now and 24 inches long thats mama big boy the doctor said he is a very tall baby which is understandable If you have seen my husband he is tall.  The doctor was very surprised to see him holding his head up so well while he was on his tummy and kicking his legs in a crawling motion.  I am a proud mommy can you tell?  KJ also had to get a vaccine :-( he was not a happy camper my poor baby, Leah had to get a flu shot as well since she's starting pre-school on monday so we had two crying babies which I am use too I deal with that on a daily basis but I think that was a first for Kevin we handled it well.  Overall it was a good visit both children are healthy and thriving.



  This past month I have had so much different emotions happy, exhausted, amazed, drained, fatigued, proud, I'm about to pull my hair out etc lol. I honestly don't remember night feedings and diaper changes being so hard on my body, I feel like Im getting old and if I don't get my sleep I turn into this different person with no patience grouchy and mean, Kevin that side of me Gwendlyn, he runs from Gwendlyn and I think soon the kids will.  My husband being the man he is decided to take KJ at night and let me get some sleep, As great as that sounds I feel guilty because he has works in the morning and I worry about him being tired at work, I am thankful for him doing that, it does help me function a lot better  during the day when I have the children.  Thankfully KJ is a great baby he sleeps 3-4 hours before he wakes up for a feed so Kevin gets some sleep in between. I think he will start sleeping through the night soon, If daddy doesn't wake him up at 4hrs he would continue sleeping so tonight we will test that and see how long he will sleep before waking up to eat.  Kevin is definitely a hands on daddy which he is happy about because Leah showed him no love when she was a baby she wanted no one else but mommy, it is a good feeling knowing I can turn to kevin for help when needed and he gets to have his daddy and son time.

KJ is such a delight he's playful and such a joy, He has his moments when he is bratty and wants to be held by mommy, daddy and Big sister Kairi :-) and of course we give in.  He is smiling now WITH EVERYONE  and not only leah, I love seeing his big toothless smiles they always melt my heart.  Leah adores him as well always wants to help and kiss him, every now and then she will try and compete with the baby if he's being held she wants to be held she even asked for a bottle really?  I make sure I split the attentions so she's not feeling left out.  Kairi also adores her brother as soon as she walks in she asks where's her baby brother she wants to hold him, She's a great help when I need to get his bottle together she holds him and comfort him until his milk is ready.  I am trying hard for him not to get use to being held all the time but its hard so far he's not too bad since he's a good sleeper in the day but he's starting to be more alert so I  put him down until he start fussing, then put him in his swing for sometime If he doesn't fall asleep and starts fussing then its on to the play mate where him and leah lay there and admire each other after he's bored of that I hold him for a little then start the cycle again.


Looking at KJ I see Hannah the face he makes when he cries is a splitting image of Hannah's when she cried I love the fact that looking at him I see my Hannah :-) another thing to keep her close and in my heart.  Speaking of his cry for the past few days KJ does this squealing noise/scream thing I think my boy is developing a temper he does this when I put him down and he doesn't want to be put down "well excuse me" I tell him lol.  My family is complete I have 3 beautiful children and 1 beautiful Angel watching over us there is nothing more I can ask for. I am happy to say I Gabrielle Joseph is done having children, yes it is true. However, I might adopt 1 or 2 more in the future I plan on doing foster care so that opinion is open, I want a big family I just don't want to carry anymore children my womb is close for business.  God Bless and Goodnight!



Here are some picture's of KJ and family in January.



He wasn't a happy camper this day.

Bath Time he loves his bathes.

KJ with one of his God fathers at Kai's b-day dinner

KJ with Granny and Pop Pop (Kevs Parents)

Playing with his hair curly mohawk

Big kev & Lil Kev enjoying a peaceful afternoon.
Rocking the straight hair mohawk.
LMBO I  think he's tired of the pictures...NAHHH 



KJ giving me all the kisses.

Leah and KJ my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment