Monday, June 2, 2014

Shalom Sesame Event

I attended a Shalom Sesame event, Grover was there dressed in his best disco outfit and afro, He help introduce the shalom Sesame's new series of 22 two-minute clips.


Note: I was invited as media to this event. Any personal views expressed are always 100% my own.

The clips featured each letter of the Hebrew alphabet. In the video's an animated Grover danced and moved around while teaching the Hebrew alphabets and four Hebrew vocabulary words that start with each Hebrew letter.

Shalom Sesame is a multimedia project for children 2-8 years old, It is designed to engage families in learning about Jewish heritage,celebration and Israel culture.  The video was entertaining and captured the Jewish language. My 5 month old son KJ was glued to the TV watching the clips, he was smiling and he really enjoyed Grover getting down.



It is great to see Sesame Street teach about a different cultures and making it fun learning for children and Adults. Sesame Street  has always focused on cultural learning and I am to see them continue doing so.

I went on the Sesame Shalom website, I learned a few things about the Jewish culture that I didn't know, the reading and pronunciation of there letters, the name of the foods that are cooked and the Hebrew Alphabet has 22 letters.

To learn more visit Shalom Sesame at www.shalomsesame.org

No comments:

Post a Comment