Thursday, May 1, 2014

Evenflo Symphony DLX all-in-one car seat review



Evenflo is well known for there all around baby products when I was given the opportunity to review one of there new improved Evenflo Platinum Protection Series car seats I was very excited. The Evenflo Platinum Protection Series features four models: The Symphony DLX, The Symphony LX car seat, Securekid DLX booster seat and Triumph LX car seat. I had the pleasure of sampling the Symphony DLX All in One Car Seat.

The very first thing I noticed about the Symphony DLX car seat was the fact it was 3-in-1 a rear facing, forward facing and booster seat which is very convenient.  I remember with my 3 year old daughter when she out outgrew her rear facing car seat I had to purchase a forward facing car seat and soon I will need to purchase a booster seat, Now having a 15 week old baby boy and this new improved car seat I wont have to buy any other car seat this car seat with grow with him and I don't have to wait until he is  a certain weight it fits children from 5lbs to 110lbs how great is that.  The Infinite Slide Harness gives an easy and safe perfect fit and eliminates any need for rethreading.



The fabric that you see on this Car Seat is a Temperature Regulating Fabric used to  keep babies comfortable during hot and cold weather.  The fabric is NASA-developed Outlast, this is the same fabric that is used on spaced suits which balance the temperature by actively absorbing and storing hot and cold temperatures and releasing them as needed.   This feature is definitely a plus especially for my little guy who sweats a lot like his daddy, A lot of the times while traveling he would be fussy during the ride and I would have to open a window or pull over to open his jacket or when we get to our destination and I take him out his car seat his whole back is moist from sweat.

Over the weekend I used the Symphony DLX Car Seat on a road trip to Pennsylvania, He was very comfortable and slept most of the ride when we arrived to our destination and I removed him from the  car seat his back was dry zero sweat. 



The Symphony DLX also has e3 side impact protection, the protection is 3 layer engineered foam tested to reduce side impact forces up to 50% safety is always important for our babies.  Another plus that I will appreciate about this car seat is the Buckle Pockets, The buckle pockets neatly tuck the buckle tongues away that is great it makes it easier to get the baby out without fighting around with the buckles, it also keeps the buckles cool so in hot temperatures the metal wont get hot and burn your babies skin.  The Car Seat has 3 reclined positions for rear facing, forward facing and booster mode it is easy to adjust just squeeze the recline lever on the bottom of the car seat and it locks into place.  On top of the seat is also a recline lever to lower the head rest for newborns and infants.


Installing was easy for my husband especially since we had the lower anchor bar it was 1..2..3 done.  The manual that comes with the car seat is helpful and easy to read it also gives instructions o how to place the car seat with the seat belt in case you don't have the lower anchor bar.  The Advanced latch technology gives extra security knowing the car seat is securely placed by pushing down to hear and feel the seat tighten. Overall I think this is a great car seat with a lot of pro's and help technique and I plan on using the car seat however, it is very big and if you don't have a child's mirror placed you wont be able to see the baby while driving because the back is high, also because of the size of the car seat I don't recommend it for people with a small car or have more then 2 children due to space.













2 comments:

  1. This is a very awesome car seat! I love the way it looks and the advanced technology it has so you know its all in the correct way!

    ReplyDelete