Monday, August 19, 2013

What A Sunday.

Sunday morning after a great night with my in laws in the middle of my sleep I remember my older sister invited me to church when I woke up it was 10:25am even the kids were still sleeping we got home very late the only person who was up and out was Kevin :-( he had to be to work at 6:30am.  I called my sister thinking I overslept a part was like darn I hope she's not mad the other half was hoping I did miss her and she was already in church lol I was so tired and my feet were swollen due to pregnancy but nope I had the times wrong church didn't start until 12pm.

I tried to get out of it but my sister wasn't hearing it,  me: my feet swollen sis: nope, me:Im tired sis: so sleep when you get back, me:  I don't have no church clothes that fit sis: put on a shirt and pants nothing was working so I got up and went to church. Now I have no problem going to church, I have a church home even though I haven't been attending church lately dealing with some issues within myself.

Korean church experience. The lady between me and my sister is the nicest person I have seen in a while, She genuinely wants to teach people about the love of God.

The reason I was hesitate on going to my sisters church was because it is a Korean church, Now.... i might have to state the obviously but I don't speak korean and besides my nephew who is half korean I don't know any koreans so I didn't understand how I would be able to get my Jesus on.  It wasn't until i got there and that it was a real korean church I got cold feet, i started panicking I said  "I cant do this take me home" lol  but I did it and I honestly enjoyed it. They give you headphones with a person translating what the pastor was saying she was good and everyone was friendly. After their service they serve food now that part was cool we had korean curry beef with white rice and another korean dish but I cant remember the name or could I spell even if I did remember the name of it.

God really showed himself through this experience. He used the last person I ever thought he would use to take me into church and hear what I needed to hear and it was in the last place I would ever think I would ear God, It was amazing between praise & worship and the message I realized how much I missed my church and my pastor most importantly how much I missed being in God's presence and I am thankful I went now it's my job to fix it and it get right.  A big thank you to my sister Onica we have come a long way but the journey was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment